2019 Ohio State Fair Skillathons Information
Click on individual species in the lefthand menu to access specific study resources, information about the events, and results. General information for all Skillathons are provided below.
All Skillathons are open to any Ohio 4-H member, age 8 and in the 3rd grade, or 9 years old and older regardless of grade level, to age 18 as of January 1, 2019, and FFA members. Therefore, 4-H and FFA members turning 19 on or before December 31, 2018, are too old to participate in the Skillathons. Youth do not have to be an exhibitor at the Ohio State Fair to participate or be enrolled in an animal project.
- 2019 Ohio State Fair Skillathon Rules (posted April 18, 2019)
- 2019 Ohio State Fair Record Book Rules (posted April 18, 2019)
- 2019 Ohio State Fair Outstanding Market Exhibitor (OME) Rules (posted April 18, 2019)
RECORD BOOK EXAMPLES:
Youth participating in the market species skillathons (i.e., beef, goat, poultry, sheep, and swine) must bring a completed record book in order to receive the maximum, potential score on the skillathon. See the record book rules above. Below are actual examples of outstanding record books from past youth participants. They have granted permission to Ohio 4-H for their record books to be published. These examples are guides for you to reference as you complete your own record book with your own information - DO NOT COPY!
- Market Beef Project and Record Book example by Elizabeth Heintz
- Breeding Beef Project and Record Book example (for a 4-H breeding project)
- Goat Project and Record Book example by Alexandrea Stewart
- Poultry Project and Record Book example by Verne Woodruff
- Market Lamb Project and Record Book example by Hanna DeLong
- Market Hog Project and Record Book example by Shelby Morehead
- FFA example from AET.com
- 2019 Ohio State Fair Skillathon Calendar
- 2019 Ohio State Fair Skillathon Flyer
- Tips for Completing a Successful Ohio State Fair Skillathon
Contact: Lizz Share, Extension Specialist, email@example.com or 614.292.0589